Monday, April 15, 2013

Bluebonnet

In keeping with Texas tradition, we headed out to take bluebonnet pictures this weekend.
This is a busy time for local photographers.  Everyone was offering bluebonnet mini sessions!  I saw prices ranging anywhere from $75 to $375 and everything in between.  That's not in the budget, so we took our little point and shoot and tried to do the best we could.

One of the best fields in the area is outside of the JCP headquarters.  We pulled up last night and there were HUNDREDS of cars.  Professional photographers had their perfect spots picked and had props, lighting supplies and one even brought a pony!

Let me tell you--it's tricky trying to not get people, buildings and/or cars in the background.  We tried to work around it as best as we could.

Unfortunately, the people/cars/buildings were the least of our worries.  Olivia was being a RASCAL.  She didn't want to sit in the chair and she pretty much refused to smile.

She did think the flowers were pretty.

I had a pretty good feeling ahead of time that this is exactly how it was going to go down.
Another reason I'm glad we didn't pay for them.

I've decided that next year (when she understands), I am bribing her with ice cream--or whatever treat it is that she likes at the time. I will have one photo shoot go the way I want! ;)

She was actually trying to get up, but the position of her body reminds me of a senior picture for some reason. :)



I am not kidding--I took 90 pictures and this is the ONLY one where she was smiling.
It was towards the end.  Michael and I had tried everything--animal noises, yelling "hi elmo", singing songs.  Finally we sang the Veggie Tales theme song and we got a smile.  It was brief, but it's the one that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment