Monday, July 8, 2013

Puddle Jumpers

We are trying to take advantage of having a pool to use.
We went first thing last Saturday morning, and it was great because NO ONE was there!

Olivia will still use the floating device from last year.  It's one that she can sit in.  She likes it, but I worry that she's probably a little too heavy for it.

I have heard people raving about puddle jumpers, so we went ahead and got her one.
She cried and cried when I was putting them on.  She wanted nothing to do with them.
But once Michael got in the water with her in them, she warmed up to them.

After a while she really started to like it.  She kept saying "I'm swimming" and "I'm such a big girl" and "I'm doing it!" :)

After I snapped the pictures, I got in and we took turns swimming with her.  Of course, these days she is preferring Michael.  She's with me all day, so she eats up any attention she can get from him!

We even let her "swim" without holding one of us once she got comfortable. She did pretty good.  She does not like going on her back, so she got a little concerned when she started tilting that way.  She'll figure it out though.

We've come a long way since the swimming lessons where she screamed bloody murder!  We'll have to try them again soon!

1 comment:

  1. She is growing up way too fast! Enjoy every moment, B ~ in 16 years, you'll be in my shoes . . . And it goes way too quickly!

    Love ya!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete