Monday, November 12, 2012

Family Pictures

Olivia is 16 months old and we don't have any family pictures.  I mean, we have a small handful of pictures that have been taken of us at special occasions, but nothing professional.  So when the photographer that did Olivia's one year pictures put mini sessions on facebook, I jumped at it.  We can't really afford the full sessions, and since she is just starting out, her prices are reasonable.

Unfortunately for us, there were a few things not in our favor.  First, it was ridiculously windy.  It's always windy in North Texas, but on Saturday the little wind symbol was next to the weather on our phone app.  Ugh. Second, it was scheduled for 9:40 in the morning.  This is precisely the time that Olivia is taking her first nap of the day.  Usually, if she has to skip it, she is at the point where she can go with the flow.  Saturday was NOT that kind of a day.  She was NOT having the picture taking.  I'm not sure if she smiled in any of them.  Plus, since she was fighting so hard, I spent all of my time trying to wrangle or distract her, so I'm sure I looked like a disheveled mess.  We'll find out in a week or so, I guess.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that we were hot.  Since it was technically a Christmas session, we went with fall type clothing.  As soon as the photos were over, Michael was stripping down to his t-shirt and I was wishing I could strip down.  We also took off half of Olivia's outfit.

Even though we were all sweaty messes, we did stay and play at the park and in the leaves.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of before the photo shoot, and also of us playing after.

  
Oh, and just because I have nowhere else to put these pictures.... Saturday night we were suppose to meet some friends and it fell through, so we ended up walking around Cabela's.  We knew Olivia would love to see all of the animals and she did!
That is Michael hiding under a longhorn blanket.  She wasn't scared at all.  She walked right up and hugged him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment