Friday, December 9, 2011

Olivia's Christmas List

There have been so many posts on the bump about "what are you getting your little one for Christmas?".  Then I had a friend say to me, "How do you know what to get Olivia for Christmas?".  She is wondering what to get her daughter and seems to think that I have some super knowledge on the topic. :)  My cousin was also asking me for a few ideas for her daughter.  I figured, with all the talk about "what to get your child", I'd share Olivia's list.  There may be a few of you out there that need an idea for a friend, niece/nephew, grandchild, etc.

I use to say that we weren't really going to do much for our child's first Christmas because they won't remember it anyway.  Why not save our money for when it counts?  Yeah, that was until I had a child! :)  So then I decided that we'd just get a few necessities.  We are on a tight budget and aren't even exchanging gifts ourselves.  Our list of who we are buying for is getting smaller and smaller this year.  My intent was to just get what we would need already.  Of course... I went a little above and beyond, but I don't think I went too out of control. :)

First, I got her an O ball.  People on the bump were raving about it.  It's suppose to be easy to hold, etc. Lots of moms said their little one (around the same age as Olivia) loved it.
Note: The link and picture are from Amazon, but I got it at Target. I couldn't find it on the Target website, but I paid under $5--not the $8.99 listed.

I also got these baby flashcards, which I think are a-dor-able!  They've already come in the mail and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed.

Since Olivia will be turning 6 months two days before Christmas, we got some of her eating items.  We may not use these right away, but I used them for Little Man and loved the suction cups on the bottom. 
Spoons

and Mesh Feeders are going in her stocking.
 (Again, I bought these items at Target, but was having problems finding some of them on their website.  I just linked up to Amazon.)


Traditions--I am all about traditions, so there were a few things I wanted to do.  One, was get Christmas pajamas every year and open them on Christmas eve night.  Then she can wear them that night and have them on Christmas morning when she opens presents.  We stopped in a local second hand store a few weeks ago and I happened to stumble upon Christmas pajamas in Olivia's size (with the tags still on!!!) for $4. Score!  I couldn't find the link, but it's the Carters one that says "I love Santa" and has a reindeer on the butt.


I also had to get her a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament.  I want to get her a new ornament each year.  I found this Hallmark one for 40% off at Kohl's.  I love it!  The ribbon says "Babies First Christmas".  Then on the front of the carriage is the year.  It's simple and classy. Timeless.


 We are thinking of doing another tradition where she gets a Disney DVD each year.  We figured we need to start the collection now.  We haven't gotten it yet, but we are thinking of getting The Lion King this year.


That was going to be it.  Not bad, considering half our list is under $5.  But... then Michael got a job and we had a good after Thanksgiving day coupon, so we ended up getting one (sort of) big gift.


This activity table is going to be from Santa. ;)
That's all from us.  My mom and Michael's mom and sister have already shopped for her.  I'll share that list tomorrow.  It's probably more exciting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment