Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Traditions give me the warm fuzzies.  I think they instill feelings of comfort, security and love.  I didn't necessarily grow up with a ton of traditions, but I have always loved the idea of them.  I knew that I would have all sorts of traditions when I had a family of my own.

I was bummed to find out that apple picking is just not something that you can do in Texas.  Who knew?  Tradition number one--fail.  So when it came time to go to the pumpkin patch I was super excited!  We got Olivia dressed in her cute little pumpkin dress, packed a lunch, and headed out to what was sure to be a good time. 


Wrong.............

We went in the middle of October, yet it was still 90 degrees out.  The sun was shining super bright and there was little to no shade.  Not to mention that the place was crowded.

We got out and started walking around and got nervous about the sun.  We didn't want Olivia to get sunburned.  Our whole visit lasted a total of 5 minutes and we didn't even leave with a pumpkin.  Once again my best laid plans were foiled.  Oh well.  Here's what we got.

Ha ha!  Michael was trying to help her sit up and she wasn't pleased.

There was one little tree in the middle that was the only shade in the place.
We hoarded it for a while.  Then there was a slight breeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment