Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Simple Tissue Paper crafts

Tissue paper is such a great craft supply.  It's cheap and you can use it for so many different crafts.  It's one of those things where you can just pull it out of the closet and make something up quick.  This craft is a great example of that.

I cut some squares from a variety of different colors of tissue paper.  Some were actually left over from a previous craft.  I mixed a little water with some glue and Little Man painted the tissue paper pieces onto a white piece of construction paper.  After he was finished and the page was dry, I traced an elephant pattern on the page and cut it out.  (We did this a while ago.  Now I would make him cut it out himself.)  Then he glued on the 3D ear.  I think it turned out super cute.

We chose to make it into an elephant because it's Little Man's favorite animal.  But you could use this technique to make anything... a teddy bear, butterfly, flowers, or a whole zoo! :)

This craft would go GREAT with the children's book Elmer by David McKee.
Mixing literature with arts and crafts or hands on learning is one of my favorite things!!
This is a great book.  

There are other Elmer books out there as well.
We've gotten a few from the library.  One of the one's we've got recently that both Little Man and I enjoyed was Elmer's Special Day.  It's a good follow up to the original book.
 
I LOVE children's books!

No comments:

Post a Comment